For the second instalment of our #FoodSimplified 30-second inspiration videos, we’re presenting our delicious Baked Egg Cups. Perfect weekend brunch treats or dinner party starters, these are incredibly simple to make, tasty and look great!
Kick things off by pre-heating your oven to 180°F. Then you need to trim the crusts of your slices of bread, roll the slices to thin them out and butter one side before pressing each slice into a muffin tin.
If you like, you can place some spinach in the cup before cracking in your egg and baking in the oven for around 20 minutes until the yolk is runny and soft.
Top off with some chopped chive and crispy bacon and you’re ready to serve!Ingredients:
- 4 slices of wholemeal bread
- 40g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 60g baby leaf spinach
- 4 eggs
- Crispy bacon – to serve with
- Chive – to serve with
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Roll the slices of bread with a rolling pin until thin, then spread each with a little of the butter.
2. Lightly grease a 12-hole muffin tray. Press each slice, buttered-side up, into the muffin tin, folding slightly to fit.
3. Place a small amount of spinach into the base of each.
4. Crack an egg into each bread cup, then bake for 20 minutes, until the egg whites are set.
5. Sprinkle with chive and crispy baconTo keep up to date with all our news, why not follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook.